Today I made my first smoothie bowl and man was it YUM. I used a recipe in Runner’s World as a basis, but it was not vegan, so I had to go slightly rogue. It was super easy to make and I had all the ingredients on hand already, which is the best kind of recipe.
Normally after working out ( I do OrangeTheory) I like to use protein powder. I have found I am less sore the next day, and it helps me to get enough nutrition which I struggle with at breakfast and lunch.
Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 pitted date
- 1 scoop protein powder
- (I use NitroFusion Chocolate Protein Powder, which is vegan)
- ((I didn’t add any cacao because my protein powder is chocolate, but if yours isn’t I would add about one tbsp of cocoa/cacao in)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Toppings: Knock yourself out! I used a hemp granola, blueberries and raspberries
- Blend all of the ingredients (minus toppings). Scoop that ish into a bowl and top away. (Easy right)